Sparks Living in Sparks: Lifestyle, Amenities, Neighborhoods and More
Sparks is known for its rich, artistic culture, young population, and picturesque marina – a veritable oasis in the midst of the desert. The Sierra Nevada Mountains provide a stunning backdrop to this city that never sleeps. Enjoy long days of surfing or unwinding at one of the three beaches in the area, then head over to neighboring Reno for a night of gaming and shows. There’s always something to do in Sparks.
Sparks, NV’s Real Estate Market
Sparks, NV real estate is as eclectic and diverse as its residents. Not owing to any particular style, Sparks, NV’s real estate market offers residents everything from condominium apartments to bungalows to sprawling Spanish-style homes. Whatever your style, you’re sure to find the perfect home in Sparks. And the fact that there’s no personal income tax in Nevada makes it one of the best places to buy and invest in real estate.
Featured Neighborhoods in Sparks, NV
- City Center: This is the urban center of Sparks, NV. Sparks’ City Center is primarily made up of small to medium single-family homes (studio to 4 bedroom) and apartment complexes/high-rises. Here in the city Center, you’ll find an equal mix of owners and renters. Here, you won’t need frequent access to a car – the City Center is pedestrian-friendly. The City Center’s proximity to the marina make it one of the most attractive neighborhoods in Sparks.
- Prater Way/12Th St: Bordering the city center, this neighborhood is made up primarily of small living units. If you’re looking for a studio to two bedroom home, you’ll find the greatest selection in this part of the city. Like to ride your bike to work? Commuting by bike is a popular mode of transportation for residents here. Coupled with the fact that most people living here are single, and you have a great opportunity to make new friends on the way to work.
- Sparks Blvd/Howard Dr: The Sparks Blvd/Howard Dr neighborhood is the most popular among college students. Here you’ll find medium to large sized (up to 4 bedrooms) single-family homes, as well as apartments and high-rises.
- Vista: This suburban neighborhood provides proximity to the city center in a quiet, trendy environment. Here, you’ll find small to medium apartments, high-rises, and single-family homes. The homes here were built mostly between 1970 and 1999, giving the neighborhood a modern, yet established feel.
Perfect For: Art Lovers, Diversity Seekers
Home to many museums, orchestras, music festivals, and theaters, there’s always something new to experience in this small town that boasts a huge love of art. Rich in culture, the Reno-Sparks area is like a living art exhibit.
- Immerse yourself in the sounds of theReno Jazz Orchestra, who perform regularly around Reno and Sparks, or treat yourself to Artown, Reno’s annual art festival. You won’t need to wait for a festival to enjoy art, however. Sparks is an Artown every day of the year.
- During the day, soak up some sun atSparks Marina, the centerpiece of the city and virtual sportsman’s paradise. Whether you just want to work on your tan at the beach, or grab a surf board and catch some waves, Sparks Marina is the place to be. Motor-less boating is allowed here as well.
- Looking for something more adventurous? This is the desert, after all. Channel your inner Indiana Jones withWide Open Reno, a thrilling afternoon-long Baja ride through the desert.
The Lifestyle: Artsy Meets Athletic
The sunny, dry weather in this region makes it the perfect climate to engage in water sports of all kinds. Culture lovers will appreciate the endless opportunities to experience and engage in the artistic pursuits of the region. For those who love the outdoors, the open expanse of the desert and the lure of the Sierra mountains offer many opportunities for leisure and adventure.
You’ll Enjoy: Youthful Culture, Inspiring Nightlife
Sparks, NV boasts a youthful population, with a large majority of its residents between the ages of 20 and 29. This is a city that never winds down…there is always a new show to take in or a new cultural exhibition to discover.
Distinguished Schools in Sparks, NV
- Alyce Savage Taylor Elementary School| Grades PKG-6 | 252 Egyptian Way
- Van Gorder Elementary School | Grades PKG-6 | 7650 Campello Dr
- Lloyd Diedrichsen Elementary School | Grades KG-6 |1735 Del Rosa Way
- Spanish Springs High School | Grades 9-12 & ungraded | 1065 Eagle Canyon Dr
Among its 111 schools, Sparks offers anaverage student-teacher ratio of 20:1,with some schools boasting as low as 16 students per teacher. Spanish Springs High School cultivates an atmosphere of achievement-based learning with its ungraded diploma program.
Sparks, NV Utilities
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority | Water
- NV Energy | Electricity & Gas
- AT&T | Telephone & Internet
- City of Reno Sewer Service | Sewer Services
- Reno Disposal Co. & Sparks Sanitation |Disposal & Recycling
The Workforce: White Collar meets Blue Collar, Exponential Job Growth
The labor force in Sparks, NV is neither dominated by white-collar nor by blue-collar professionals. The city boasts a workforce of both office/clerical and labor-type jobs, with a large number of residents working in administrative, sales, and management positions.
Sparks, NV jobs have recently increased by 2.95%, and the city is expected to experience a job growth of 38.8% over the next ten years (higher than the national average). It’s no wonderSparks is ranked among the best places to work and live!
Why Live Here: Diversity, Growing Economy and Fantastic Community Structure
Sparks, NV’s attractive real estate opportunities and multi-cultural environment make it a highly-sought after place to live. Those seeking an exciting city filled with opportunities for both leisure and career growth need look no farther than Sparks.